Monday 24 June 2013

Relaxing day

Recovery day! Still woke up early - I guess my body clock is on automatic and used to the early starts. I Skyped my family. My brother had his friend around so had a chat with them both. I then spoke to some of my friends on Facebook. Was nice to re-connect with everyone. I told them about the snake and all the adventures I got up to! Freddie and I then went to the supermarket. I went straight to the fruit and veg section. There were a few global brands in the supermarket which was a shame. I fear that one day all the big brands will take over and there will be barely anything unique left on the Peruvian shelves any more. Inka-Cola has already been bought by Coca-Cola. It used to be a Peruvian made drink and now Coca-Cola has taken it over.  Coca-Cola even sells the main bottled water San-Luis. When we got back to the hostel I ate my orange and apple which tasted unbelievably good.  Had a great steak for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment