Saturday 22 June 2013

Last day in the field

The last day. Had an eggy tortilla for breakfast, rice and Quakers. Then we speedily walked back to our plot and finished the last three subsections.  We did two transects noting the trees with smaller diameters. I had the masking tape again and labelled the species number. Louis then went back across the plot identifying herbs species that were missed the first time. We had two eggs and rice for lunch. Then we took some peat cores. I labelled some sample bags and we collected top soil to take back for nutrient analyses. We then walked back pretty fast and had more eggs for dinner. In total today I would say I had about five eggs maybe even six! Why change the egg tradition on the last day! I am sad the field work experience is ending. It has been such an adventure. I have utterly loved it. At times it has been hard but I enjoy a good challenge - it makes the experience more rewarding and fun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment