Thursday 4 July 2013

Protests continue ...

The protests were still going on which meant we couldn't go out and Wayne and I couldn't get to Quistakotcha to do any field work. We had breakfast in the Amazon Bistro. It was all pretty quiet and calm when suddenly all the staff started running about and bringing all the tables and chairs from outside in. Apparently the protests were coming this way! We walked back past some army guys with guns and people with sticks. I helped Freddie with data input. I typed into the spread sheet this time, which helped improve my speed on excel. Also I learn some more family, genus and species names. I also helped Wayne label all his exotainers. So we labelled them with the site name on and the time. For example, the first one was QU,BR1,CH1,T0. The following ones went up so T1 then T2 etc. We then had to get last minute things such as batteries for the fans in the gas chambers and we borrowed one of Freddie’s machetes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment