Monday 8 July 2013

Bye bye Iquitos

I woke up early to finish packing my things which didn't take long. Then Freddie and I went out for our last breakfast! When we got back I went to my room to get all my things. Then went out into the lobby and gave Louis and Freddie the rum and said good bye. Louis wrote on his phone on Google translate; ‘it was a pleasure to meet you and you always have a friend in Iquitos.’  I thanked both Freddie and Louis. I also said bye to Wayne and Jacob. Then got into a motor taxi and left for the airport. As we bumpily rode to the airport I shed a tear. I will miss Iquitos I have had the most amazing time. I will never forget my experience here it was incredible. At the airport I found myself replying and speaking to a lady in Spanish about the weather and my time in the jungle. Of course it was pretty basic but it just showed that I must have picked up more Spanish than I thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment